A destination wedding at Coconut Bay does not mean you have to sacrifice personality or personalization! Our CBay brides and grooms have brought pieces of their lives to St. Lucia, added them to the island’s beautiful scenery and unique culture, and started their new life together with vibrant details. Just take a look at Megan and Matthew’s Coconut Bay wedding!
A Perfectly Personal Beach Wedding
Megan and Matthew’s ceremony and reception had all the quintessential elements of the ideal Caribbean destination wedding. The mood was relaxed and fun, the vistas were picture-perfect and the wedding party and guests enjoyed Coconut Bay’s pools and Kai Mer Spa.
The couple chose coral and navy blue accents to dress up their beautiful outdoor ceremony and added personal touches with wooden signs and customized programs that doubled as fans. Their reception was Caribbean-inspired with a beachfront barbecue and steel drum musician.
“We had an amazing wedding and loved every minute we spent at the resort and on the beautiful island of St. Lucia! The staff was absolutely incredible and we can’t thank all of them enough for making our entire 45 person group feel so at home,” Megan said.
See more of Megan and Matthew’s wedding here.
3 Destination Wedding Planning Tips
Throwing a great reception and paying close attention to detail is especially important when planning a destination wedding. Since your guests have made the extra effort to be a part of your big day, you want to show them how much you appreciate it. So, tip number one is to leave a welcome gift or basket for each of your guests.
Our Coconut Bay staff is more than happy to put items in your guests’ rooms before their arrival! Here are a few welcome basket ideas:
- A piece of St. Lucia from one of our Coconut Bay shops
- An itinerary for the weekend and maps of the resort and island
- Delicious chocolates prepared by our Coconut Bay chefs
- A token to remember your special week or weekend
Your ceremony and reception details can help play up the unique culture and beauty of the destination. Tip number two is to incorporate items from you location throughout your wedding décor:
- Choose cultural food for the reception or other dinner/cocktail hour
- Build your bouquet and center pieces with local flowers
- Play with color – with the Caribbean as your backdrop, you will have plenty of inspiration
Our third and final tip is to keep it fun and easy for you and all of your guests – and choosing an all-inclusive resort ensures an effortless destination wedding. Your guests will never be bored at Coconut Bay with amenities like pools, a water park, bars, restaurants and a mile of beach, all of which are available to guests at no extra charge. Contact us today to book your St. Lucia wedding!
- Some of the most memorable highlights at Coconu...
- If you want to add a little extra excitement to...
- The World Travel Awards recently named Saint Lu...
- There are dozens of locations to choose from fo...
- At Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa, we look...