You deserve a treat, and decide you and your family should do something special. You start to daydream about a relaxing, exotic getaway when you are brought back to reality by yelling coming from down the hall. Suddenly, you are struck by the image of screaming, crying children, as you struggle to check in quickly under the knowing eyes of the agent, and the impatient glares of waiting passengers. You see yourself hanging your head in shame, and you are filled with sudden dread. You think maybe it’s better to just stay at home, and your fantasy of the perfect vacation slips away.
Simple Tips Can Go a Long Way When Traveling with Kids
A vacation or holiday away from home doesn’t have to be just a dream. Take the trip you and your family deserve and ensure everyone has a great time by putting a strategy in place before leaving home. At Coconut Bay, we can always count on our Facebook fans to share their experience and tips. Many have traveled to our resort with children, and so can provide relevant information. We have included some of their great tips below:
- If your child has never traveled by airplane, anxiety about the trip can cause fussiness. It will be good to take any item that they generally use for comfort, such as a blanket or favorite stuffed animal. Be prepared for problems such as sensitive ears, and be sure to discuss such concerns with your doctor. Filling them in on fun activities in store, gives them something to look forward to, and can help to relieve some of that fear. Coconut Bay’s CocoLand Waterpark and Waterworks is the largest in Saint Lucia. The Coconut Canon has the fastest slide, and an exhilarating ride that is quite popular with children.
- Children have a lot of energy, and are naturally restless. Long flights and road trips can be difficult for them. On flights, music, games, puzzles and toys can help to keep them occupied. These also work well for road trips, but you have the added advantage of being able to make occasional stops.
- Hungry children can become irritable and restless. Be sure to pack some of their favorite healthy snacks.
- Ensure that there are activities that the adults and children will enjoy. At Coconut Bay, we have something for the entire family. Mom and dad can blissfully get lost in a much-needed Couple’s Tranquility Massage knowing their children are having the time of their lives at our CocoLand Kidz Klub.
- You want to ensure nothing ruins your trip, so remind everyone that all safety rules still apply -including rules about wandering away from the group. We are happy to boast low staff-to-child ratios in the CocoLand Kidz Klub, and our Kidz Klub staff is also well-trained in CPR. As an added measure, we provide complimentary cell phones so you can stay in touch the Kidz Klub staff in case you would like updates regarding your children’s activities.
Sitting magnificently on 85 acres, there is much to do at Coconut Bay. Soak up some sun during an exhilarating game of beach volleyball. Show off your dance moves in a Reggae dance class, or maybe the entire family can put their creativity to the test during a fun tie-dye session. While there is much to enjoy at the resort, venture outside Coconut Bay and see what Saint Lucia has to offer. Take in the beauty of the island through exciting excursions such as the Green Giant Jeep Safari, or the ATV Paradise Tour. The popular catamaran land and sea tour and whale and dolphin watching tours are just two of the many ways to enjoy more of our beautiful island.
Make Your Dream Trip a Reality
You want to get the most out of your trip, and planning ahead can help to reduce some of the stress associated with traveling. Of course, your child’s age will determine what will work. Whether you are heading to explorations in another land, or keeping things stateside, being prepared is the best way to ensure that you and your family have an enjoyable and memorable experience. So don’t let go of that dream, there is much to be explored and experienced at Coconut Bay, where adventure beckons. Be sure to visit our Facebook page for other great tips, and, of course, we welcome you to share some of your own!