Chef P’s Buttermilk Biscuit Recipe
Already missing your summer vacation and the melt-in-your-mouth Butter Milk Biscuits Chef P and his team make every morning? You are in luck; Chef P has provided his recipe for the perfect Butter Milk Biscuits. Let’s get baking!
- 9 ounces all-purpose flour (about 2 cups)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup fat-free buttermilk (cold)
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 4 ounces of sugar
PULLING IT ALL TOGETHER:
(Note: yields 10 biscuits)
Step 1: Preheat oven to 400°.
Step 2: Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl; put in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Chill for 10 minutes.
Step 3: Combine buttermilk, sugar and honey, stirring with a whisk until well blended. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moist.
Step 4: Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead lightly 4 times. Roll dough into a (1/2-inch-thick) 9 x 5–inch rectangle; dust top of dough with flour. Fold dough crosswise into thirds (as if folding a piece of paper to fit into an envelope). Re-roll dough into a (1/2-inch-thick) 9 x 5–inch rectangle; dust top of dough with flour. Fold dough crosswise into thirds; gently roll or pat to a 3/4-inch thickness. Cut dough with a 1 3/4-inch biscuit cutter to form 14 dough rounds. Place dough rounds, 1 inch apart, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Step 5: Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until golden.
Step 6: Remove from pan; cool for 2 minutes on wire racks.
Serve warm and enjoy!
- We might be a little biased, but Saint Lucia ha...
- Saint Lucia is an undeniably romantic destinati...
- 2020 is the year that you stop planning and sta...
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa happily cat...
- If you plan your destination wedding in Saint L...