Amazing land excursions are one of the greatest benefits of spending a dream vacation at Coconut Bay Beach Resort and Spa. You can choose from a wide variety of land tours on Saint Lucia, from sedate to pulse pounding – and no matter your choice, they’re all gorgeous experiences. These expert-guided excursions are also educational, immersing you in the local lore and natural beauty that make up Saint Lucia’s rainforest and unique landmarks. Here’s just a sampling of the adventures that await you when you visit this gorgeous Caribbean isle and Coconut Bay resort:
Taking it In… While Taking It Easy
- Looking for a relaxing, yet informative, feast for the senses – and a fine introduction to the island? Try the Half Day Green Giant Jeep Safari! Take in the sights from the comfort of a giant jeep while your guide narrates. Learn about (and see up close) Saint Lucia’s lush, deep green foliage. You’ll tour through Laborie and Choiseul, nearby small fishing villages and along the west coast to Soufriere for a photo stop. Next, you’ll visit the Botanical Gardens and Diamond Falls, where the group stops for an hour. Take a dip and enjoy the water! Then it’s off to the only drive-in volcano on Earth, at Sulphur Springs mineral and mud baths. Returning to the resort, enjoy breathtaking views of the southern island from Moule a Chique peninsula.
- Excellent sightseeing is also on the menu with the Fascinating Saint Lucia full-day tour. You’ll travel up the island’s East coast, through quaint coastal towns to the historic capital: Castries. Learn about “Our Planet” at Saint Lucia’s aptly named new planetary facility, created in partnership with NASA. Then it’s time for a little refreshment – a three-course lunch at Caribbean Pirates, a restaurant with lovely views out over Castries Bay. Next, you’ll visit 100-year-old Vigie Lighthouse and get a historical and cultural experience at the Lushan Country Life Centre. As your tour returns to Coconut Bay, you’ll stop at the Pink Plantation House for shopping and a refreshing toast to your wonderful day.
More Laid-Back Tours to Enjoy…
- Coconut Bay offers visits to the local farming community, Desruisseaux, and the Des Cartiers Rainforest Reserve to experience beautiful local plants and animals. Including the brightly colorful Saint Lucia parrot.
- Private scenic drives are also on the menu, for a maximum of four guests, where you set the pace. Go, for instance, to the west coast town of Soufriere, see a drive-through volcano, and visit Diamond Falls Botanical Gardens. We also offer romantic couples tours.
- Other experiences include half-day shopping shuttles to Castries, full-day island toursthrough Anse La Raye or Canaries fishing villages – and more.
Moderately-Paced Guided Excursions
- Coconut Bay also offers more active ways to see many of the sights mentioned. Options include hiking trips on the Waterfall Trail and rainforest zipline flights through Saint Lucia’s lush forest treetops. Take photos from your bird’s eye point-of-view for unique shots of the river and forest foliage below.
- You can even combine the zipline with a fine creole lunch on the grounds of the historic, working Plantation House and stop to view the Pitons and St. Vincent.
Up for Some Strenuous Island Adventures?
Coconut Bay offers exciting and physically demanding hikes with excellent views, including the Parrot Trailfour-hour (or more) hike.
Or go horseback riding with your guide along the beach – and in the surf – to get views of the Maria Islandsand Vieux Fort town. Experienced and beginner riders welcome.
Coming to Coconut Bay? Get ready for some amazing land tours of Saint Lucia! Call us today to book your stay.