Some people love planning and packing for a vacation, while others freeze and can’t remember what they need. How many outfits should you bring? What do you need to get ready for the climate? You want to be prepared, but don’t want to overpack.
We’re here to help. As you start gathering your clothes for your all-inclusive beach vacation, follow this list to make sure you have everything you need.
Don’t Forget the Travel Essentials
Saint Lucia is paradise on Earth, but it is still a foreign country. While there are many similarities to other Caribbean islands, there are a few differences that you should prepare for. Add these travel essentials to your suitcase to prepare for any potential issues during your trip.
- Original passport with expiration date longer than six months after your date of departure.
- Copies of your passport and the address of the nearest American embassy in case you lose it.
- A converter so your electronic devices fit comfortably in the Saint Lucia outlets.
- Any medication you may need to take during your trip, including emergency inhalers and allergy treatments.
- Bathing suits, sunscreen and hats.
- While you are not packing these items it may be helpful to have international data enabled on your electronic devices and notify your bank that you are traveling.
You likely won’t need emergency medication or your passport copies, but having these items in your bag can give you a sense of relief and allow you to focus on your vacation.
Pack for Fun in the Sun
Along with packing daily outfits and beach essentials like a swimsuit and cover-up, make sure you’re setting aside outfits to enjoy the Caribbean lifestyle. Pick out a sundress to wear on our sunset catamaran cruise or find an outfit to wear to one of our nightly parties. Check out some of the recreational activities you want to take advantage of (from rainforest safaris to paintball competitions) and pack accordingly. Be sure to bring cash for off-resort excursions, souvenirs and tips.
Even if you visit during the summer, you might want to bring a light sweater. This can keep you warm during nights when there’s a cool island breeze.
We also have a self-serve laundry facility on the Splash side that is open 24-hours daily. You never have to worry about over-packing and can quickly clean your clothes if you run out of things to wear.
Everything You Need Is Only a Few Steps Away
If you forget to pack something, like pool floaties for the kids or a hat to fashionably protect your face from the sun, stop by the gift shop at Coconut Bay to pick up everything you need. Along with adorable souvenirs that you can take home to your friends and family, our gift shop has apparel for men and women and travel essentials to make your stay even more comfortable.
We’re here to make your stay in Saint Lucia as enjoyable as possible. With a little packing help, you can have everything you need to enjoy your vacation. Feel free to call us if you have any concerns about the weather, nearby activities, or items that you’re unsure about packing.
- Here at Coconut Bay, we plan to reopen on Octob...
- We might be a little biased, but Saint Lucia ha...
- Saint Lucia is an undeniably romantic destinati...
- 2020 is the year that you stop planning and sta...
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa happily cat...