COVID-19 UPDATE FROM COCONUT BAY BEACH RESORT & SPA
December 14, 2020
As we look ahead to brighter days, we continue to work to make your experience stress free — and now we can ease your worries about returning home after your relaxing getaway. We’re very pleased to let you know that we now include a free COVID-19 “Return Home Test” with your 5-night or longer stay with us (for shorter stays, the test fee is $75.00 per person.) If your home state or country has a quarantine protocol and permits “testing out,” this test should get the process started.
Our “Return Home Test” is the Abbot Rapid Antigen Test for detection of COVID-19 infection. When you arrive at Coconut Bay for your getaway, just let our Front Desk staff know that you’d like to arrange the “Return Home Test” prior to departure. They’ll make all the arrangements. Medical staff will administer the test at the resort and you will receive doctor certified results in hard copy and electronically within 24-hours.
Remember, the “Return Home Test” does not replace Saint Lucia’s testing and entry requirements necessary for arrival on island. Please visit www.stlucia.org/covid-19 for complete details about the latest SAINT LUCIA entry requirements including forms/travel documents.
December 1, 2020
We celebrated our Grand Reopening on October 31, 2020 and are so happy to be able to welcome you back as we approach the Holiday season and a New Year. As you consider your travel plans remember that we continue to offer you a Worry-Free getaway. Right now, our Premium All-Inclusive rates are amazing, and we’ve made your reservations Worry-Free with our best rates guaranteed and easy to arrange on our website. Should your plans need to change you can reschedule or cancel Worry-Free, all the details are below for you to review. Last but not least our Paradise Protection Protocols are all in place so you can be secure knowing your stay with us at Coconut Bay will be relaxing and Worry-Free.
During your stay you will also be able to explore our beautiful and exotic Saint Lucia with island tours. In addition to our exclusive Catamaran Cruise to the Pitons additional Covid-19 Certified tours include visiting the popular mud baths, ziplining, horseback riding, deep-sea fishing, snorkeling and more!
Saint Lucia continues to provide updates regarding entry requirements for visitors including negative results from RT-PCR tests taken no more than 7 days before arrival and your Travel Registration Form submission at least 7 days prior to arrival. Please visit www.stlucia.org/covid-19 for complete details about the latest SAINT LUCIA entry requirements and required travel documents.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact one of our reservations offices: from North America call 877-252-0304, from the Caribbean call 758-456-9999, from the UK & Europe call 44 (0) 1582 792 260.
We look forward to welcoming you to our Peace of Paradise providing 85 acres to spread out and one mile of beach for social distance.
President & CEO
Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa and
Serenity at Coconut Bay
Our Paradise Protection Protocols
- Guests will have their temperature checked on arrival and each day.
- Additional random temperature checks will occur at our discretion if any guest appears unwell during the course of their stay.
- Following Government of Saint Lucia Incident Response and Quarantine Protocols if a guest’s temperature is over 100.4° F and exhibits COVID-19 symptoms they will be sent to a respiratory clinic for medical assistance and family members will be isolated in a hotel room.
- Guests will be required to have a mask and must wear it in public areas when social distancing of 6 feet is not possible.
- We ask all guests to regularly use hand sanitizer available at stations throughout the resort.
- As always, we will have a nurse on staff daily and a physician on call to assist with any medical issue or emergency.
- The resort has limited the number of guests to make sure there is plenty of personal space in abundant public areas.
- While we are prepared for the unlikely emergency, please keep in mind our 85 acres, and mile-long private beach are ideal for relaxation while social distancing.
Our management and staff
- Our staff will be required to wear masks and gloves and will undergo daily temperature checks upon arrival on resort.
- All employees are screened daily for COVID-19 symptoms and have their body temperature tested daily.
- All employees follow strict guidelines (depending on assignment) regarding facial and hand protection and sanitation.
Our new look for arrival and check-in
- From the moment you arrive at our airport kiosk, you will see advanced protocols beginning with your resort ambassador who will be wearing a mask, gloves, and a welcoming smile under their mask. Please see this link for airport protocols and guidelines as well. (https://www.stlucia.org/en/covid-19/)
- There will be hand sanitizer for your use and your luggage handles will be sprayed with disinfectant before being placed in your vehicle for your five-minute ride to the resort.
- Our Welcome Team: When you arrive at the Front Desk you will notice clear partitions at stations as well as social distancing markers for your reference. Registration and Welcome staff will wear masks and gloves at all times. Staff clean and disinfect counters and other touchpoints between each registering guest party.
- At Check-In you will receive our Breeze newsletter with all the activity schedules and information you may need during your getaway, this will replace all high-touch, in-room collateral.
- To get you to your room – and the beach – even faster, we encourage you to take advantage of our Early Online Check-In at least 24-hours prior to your arrival, reducing your wait time as you will only need to provide your credit card, identification and your signature.
Our new look at bars and restaurants
- We have reduced seating capacity at all of our dining venues and tables are limited to seating a maximum of four guests who share a room.
- We have eliminated self-service stations and buffets; all guest selections are plated by staff.
- Pool Deck Themed Dinners are as entertaining as ever; however our staff will be plating food for guests independently at each food station.
- If guests prefer not to dine in our restaurants, we are now providing take-away options for convenience.
- Saint Lucia’s best bartenders are mixing and shaking your favorite premium cocktails, we’ve just added screens to keep contact safe.
- To reduce high touch points restaurant and cocktails menus are now available using provided QR codes.
- All Food and Beverage staff, both in preparation and in service, adhere to strict precautions in facial and hand protection and sanitation.
Our new look for entertainment and activities
- All activity and sports equipment are sanitized before and after each use.
- Pool and beach loungers have been spaced at 6 feet apart.
- Social distancing is in place for classes including yoga and pool aerobics.
- Reservations are required for children to participate in the CocoLand Kidz Klub to ensure we meet all health and safety guidelines.
- The Fitness Center is open by appointment to maintain spacing.
- All watersports are now available at the Surf Shack.
Our new look for Elevator Rides
- Elevator capacity is limited to two guests at a time or to the members of your family staying in the same room. Disinfecting wipes are available to use on hands and buttons.
Our new look for resort shopping
- All transactions at Boutique Moule A Chique and Kilibwi Corner are now cashless.
- Duty-free shopping at Boutique Moule A Chique is limited to three guests at a time, and one guest at a time can shop at Kilibwi Corner.
Our new look at Kai Mer Spa
- The number of available appointments is reduced to allow for additional time between appointments to sanitize and disinfect treatment room, equipment and products.
- Fresh, clean linens, towels and robes are provided with each treatment for each guest.
- The number of guests allowed in the spa lobby is limited to observe social distancing.
- The saunas and steam rooms are not available at this time.
- All transactions at Kai Mer Spa are now cashless.
Our new look for housekeeping
- Guests will see our advanced sanitization protocols at work including electrostatic sprayers and backpack sprayers deploying hospital-grade disinfectant, throughout the resort.
- To reduce high-touch items in your room we have removed pens, pads, magazines as well as tea and coffee packs while all others from closet knobs and light switches to remote controls, thermostats and irons will be thoroughly disinfected.
- Prior to your check-in, once your room is cleaned and sanitized per new protocols, a Door Seal will be initialed by your attendant and placed above the lock so that you can be assured your room has not been accessed after it is sanitized.
- Guests have the option of no housekeeping or on-request housekeeping during your stay. Please inform Front Desk by touching 0 (zero) on your in-room telephone.
- All housekeeping staff wear masks and gloves, and replace gloves with each room cleaning.
Our new look for transportation and transfers
- You will not only see new protocols on resort but our vendor partners including airport drivers, taxis and tour providers will certify that all vehicles are sanitized after each trip, and their employees will be required to wear personal protection equipment and have their temperature readings taken daily.
- We guaranteed you’ll receive our lowest rates when you make your reservation right here on our website.
- Travel 1/1/21 – 12/20/21: Cancel up to 7 days in advance of travel for full refund. Cancel 3-6 days in advance of travel for 100% credit on future stay (up to 12 months). For Cancellations Inside of 72 hours: 2 night cancellation penalty. NO Shows: Full cost of stay penalty.
- Travel 12/21/21-1/2/22: Cancel up to 21 days in advance of travel for full refund or 100% credit on future stay (up to 12 months). For Cancellations inside of 21 days, full cost of stay penalty.
- NO Shows: Full cost of stay penalty.
- Cancellation confirmation must be received and acknowledged by a member of our reservations staff, in writing, regardless of dates of travel.
- NOTE: Reservations including airline tickets may incur fees/change penalties beyond our control and will be subject to applicable airline policies/restrictions. Some airfares may be non-refundable regardless of cancellation window.
- All policies and procedures are subject to change.
While we make every reasonable effort to provide a safe and sanitary environment and facilities for our guests in accordance with accepted medical guidelines and recommendations, there are no assurances of a completely “virus-free” environment. Aside from our efforts, the safety of all guests and staff is also highly dependent on ALL guests doing their part to act responsibly and respectfully and we ask that all guests be considerate and respectful towards others. In our discretion, guests who do not comply with protocols may be asked to leave the resort.
We work very hard to provide a safe guest environment, but are compelled to advise all guests that the resort does not and cannot guarantee that a guest will not contract an illness during their stay with us, and each guest assumes the risk and effects of contracting the Covid-19 virus. Guests are also cautioned that limited medical facilities and services are available where the hotel is located, which could complicate any illness. Upon check-in, each guest will be required to sign a written acknowledgment that they UNDERSTAND AND ASSUME ALL RISKS associated with the Covid-19 virus, and FULLY RELEASE the Hotel and its affiliated parties from any and all liability or claims relating to Covid-19.
This Assumption of Risk and Covenant Not to Sue shall be LEGALLY BINDING. Should any guest or visitor bring a claim, suit or any other action in violation of this provision, the claim, suit or other action shall be DISMISSED WITH PREJUDICE (meaning permanently dismissed) and all costs of dismissal, including but not limited to reasonable attorneys’ fees and court costs, shall be borne by the party who wrongfully brought the claim, suit or other action in violation of this Assumption of Risk and Covenant Not to Sue.
Please appreciate that, without this Assumption of Risk and Covenant Not to Sue, it would be very hard for this resort to operate under the current circumstances, and that you are fully informed in making the best possible travel decisions for you and your loved ones.
A copy of the acknowledgment and release is available in advance upon request and guests will be asked to sign a waiver upon arrival on resort.