COVID-19 UPDATE FROM COCONUT BAY BEACH RESORT & SPA
October 7, 2020.
Dear Guests, please note the Government of Saint Lucia has updated its Entry Requirements:
All arriving passengers must have a negative result from a PCR test taken no more than 7 days before arriving in Saint Lucia. In addition, all guests 18 years and older must submit a Travel Registration Form 3 days or more prior to arrival. Please print and travel with a copy of the following:
- Auto-response email that you will receive after submission.
- Your test results
- The travel authorization letter that you will receive once your hotel stay has been verified
SEE SAINT LUCIA TRAVEL CHECKLIST HERE
Please visit www.stlucia.org/covid-19 for complete details about the latest SAINT LUCIA entry requirements.
September 8, 2020
Recently we have had truly wonderful news about Safe Saint Lucia- the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has declared Saint Lucia’s COVID-19 risk VERY LOW, carrying their “No Travel Health Notice”, the best possible designation. We also need to share some disappointing details with regard to our reopening plans. Circumstances including reduced flight schedules have contributed to increased cancellations and decreased new bookings for Fall. While we were hopeful for business to improve, the current situation makes it impossible to provide all of the Premium All-Inclusive amenities our guests deserve. While our Paradise Protection Protocols (outlined below) are all in place and we are beyond eager to welcome you, we must again delay the opening of Coconut Bay Beach Resort and Spa until October 31, 2020. If you booked with us directly, you will be hearing from a member of our reservations staff. If you booked with a third party, please contact them directly. Our worry-free cancellation policies (detailed below) are still in place and of course there are no change fees.
Please be on the lookout for details about our reopen plans in the weeks ahead. As our island is expecting additional flights in November and through the winter season, we look forward to our business growing and our guests returning. Our goal will always be for our Peace of Paradise to bring you Peace of mind. No doubt, our one mile of beach and expansive public areas will satisfy your need for safe, social distance.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact one of our reservations offices: from North America call 877-252-0304, from the Caribbean call 758-456-9999, from the UK & Europe call 44 (0) 1582 792 260.
PLEASE NOTE: the Government of Saint Lucia has revised its entry requirements as of July 9, 2020. The travel protocols now include a mandatory negative COVID-19 PCR test result within seven days of travel and completion of a pre-arrival registration form. For more information about Phase One travel protocols in Saint Lucia please visit www.stlucia.org/covid-19.
President & CEO
Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa
And Serenity at Coconut Bay
SAFE SAINT LUCIA
When Saint Lucia reopened to visitors on July 9, 2020 it did so with a responsible reopening plan including pre-testing for travelers, and on-island protocols. These extensive initiatives are successfully keeping our visitors and residents safe with Saint Lucia reporting the lowest COVID-19 rates per capita in the Caribbean, just 26 cases to date, and no deaths. To see overall statistics by country click here and for details of Saint Lucia ranking #1 in the Caribbean for COVID-19 response click here.
This ongoing safety record has also resulted in the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recently declaring Saint Lucia’s COVID-19 risk to VERY LOW, carrying their “No Travel Health Notice” designation, the best possible. An impressive accomplishment that our island will keep building on with the continued cooperation and support of Saint Lucians and our guests. To learn more about the CDC COVID-19 Travel Recommendations by Destination click here. These designations prove without a doubt that Saint Lucia is a safe, no risk choice for our well-deserved vacation. For complete details about Saint Lucia’s COVID-19 response including all protocols and requirements prior to entry, please visit stlucia.org/COVID-19.
COVID-19 INFORMATION, POLICIES AND PROCEDURES AS OF May 18, 2020
We look forward to the return of our guests and want you to know that our management and incredible staff have been instituting our Paradise Protection Protocols to ensure the worry-free and relaxing experience you have been dreaming about at Coconut Bay. The safety and the welfare of our guests and our tireless staff – our Coconut Bay family – will always be our first priority. It is also the top priority of the Government of Saint Lucia who has announced new Phase One Protocols for visitors including requiring a pre-travel test for COVID-19. Saint Lucia is free of COVID-19 and we understand and support their efforts to maintain a healthy environment for visitors and residents alike.
Your Coconut Bay vacation will be as wonderful as ever but it will look a little different as we adhere to Government of Saint Lucia, WHO and CDC operational guidelines during these ever-evolving times. We have evaluated and enhanced our rigorous cleaning procedures putting in place new sanitation and social distancing protocols that will be visible from the moment you arrive at our airport kiosk and will see throughout your stay from Door Seals initialed by your room attendant to a new take-out option should you prefer private dining. There will be electrostatic sprayers, even more hand sanitizing stations, and though hugs and handshakes are not an option for now, our warm Saint Lucian smiles and hospitality will always be yours. These policies, procedures and actions follow the Centers for Disease Control guidelines “Facilities Cleaning and Disinfecting” for COVID-19 and these policies also align with Saint Lucia’s directives. These best practices are performed for the safety of you, our guests, as well as our valued employees. Thank you for your patience, understanding, cooperation and trust.
Our Paradise Protection Protocols
- On arrival at the resort your temperature will be taken.
- There will be mandatory temperature checks each morning.
- Additional random temperature checks will occur at our discretion if any guest appears unwell during the course of their stay.
- Following Government of Saint Lucia Incident Response and Quarantine Protocols if a guest’s temperature is over 100.4° F and exhibits COVID-19 symptoms they will be sent to a respiratory clinic for medical assistance and family members will be isolated in a hotel room.
- Guests will be required to have a mask and must wear it in public areas when social distancing of 6 feet is not possible.
- We ask all guests to regularly use hand sanitizer available at stations throughout the resort.
- As always, we will have a nurse on staff daily and a physician on call to assist with any medical issue or emergency.
- While we are prepared for the unlikely emergency, please keep in mind our 85 acres, and mile-long private beach are ideal for relaxation while social distancing.
Our management and staff
- Our staff will be required to wear masks and gloves and will undergo daily temperature checks upon arrival on resort.
- All employees are screened daily for COVID-19 symptoms and have their body temperature tested daily.
- All employees follow strict guidelines (depending on assignment) regarding facial and hand protection and sanitation.
Our new look for arrival and check-in
- From the moment you arrive at our airport kiosk, you will see advanced protocols beginning with your resort ambassador who will be wearing a mask, gloves, and a welcoming smile under their mask. Please see this link for airport protocols and guidelines as well. (https://www.stlucia.org/en/covid-19/)
- There will be hand sanitizer for your use and your luggage handles will be sprayed with disinfectant before being placed in your vehicle for your five-minute ride to the resort.
- Our Welcome Team: When you arrive at the Front Desk you will notice clear partitions at stations as well as social distancing markers for your reference. Registration and Welcome staff will wear masks and gloves at all times. Staff clean and disinfect counters and other touchpoints between each registering guest party.
- At Check-In you will receive our Weekly Breeze newsletter with all the activity schedules and information you may need during your getaway, this will replace all high-touch, in-room collateral.
- To get you to your room – and the beach – even faster, we encourage you to take advantage of our Early Online Check-In at least 24-hours prior to your arrival, reducing your wait time as you will only need to provide your credit card, identification and your signature.
Our new look for transportation and transfers
- You will not only see new protocols on resort but our vendor partners including airport drivers, taxis and tour providers will certify that all vehicles are sanitized after each trip, and their employees will be required to wear personal protection equipment and have their temperature readings taken daily.
Our new look for housekeeping
- We have added new technology to our exacting cleaning procedures and you will see advanced sanitization protocols including electrostatic sprayers and sprayers deploying hospital-grade disinfectant that will be executed in rooms in addition to other departments from entertainment to watersports, and of course in public and high-touch areas.
- To reduce high-touch items in your room we have removed pens, pads, magazines as well as tea and coffee packs while all others from closet knobs and light switches to remote controls, thermostats and irons will be thoroughly disinfected.
- To reduce staff/guest interaction, bed linens will only be changed if requested for guests staying 3 days or longer and towels will be changed by guest request only.
- Prior to your check-in, once your room is cleaned and sanitized per new protocols, a Door Seal will be initialed by your attendant and placed above the lock so that you can be assured your room has not been accessed after it is sanitized.
- Guests have the option of no housekeeping or on-request housekeeping during your stay. Please inform Front Desk by touching 0 (zero) on your in-room telephone.
- All housekeeping staff wear masks and gloves, and replace gloves with each room cleaning.
- We are limiting elevator capacity to two guests at a time or one family staying in the same room. Hand sanitizer will also be available to use at elevator entrance on every floor.
Our new look at bars and restaurants
- Social distancing protocols will be implemented throughout the resort along with our bars and restaurants.
- We are reducing seating capacity in all restaurants and to ensure proximity limits only guests sharing a room will be able to share a table while dining.
- As self-service stations and buffets are now “off the menu,” Coconut Walk will be open for breakfast only providing à la carte service.
- On Theme Nights food stations will be staffed for individual plating.
- For guests who prefer to dine in their rooms we are launching a NEW take-out option in some of our dining venues.
- All Food and Beverage staff, both in preparation and in service, adhere to strict precautions in facial and hand protection and sanitation.
Our new look for entertainment and activities
- We are currently evaluating all of our activities and entertainment to ensure those we offer are able to meet social distance, cleanliness and interaction protocols.
- All equipment will be sanitized before and after each use.
- Pool and beach loungers will be 6 feet apart at all times.
- Social distancing will be implemented to facilitate classes including yoga and pool aerobics.
- To ensure we meet all guidelines, reservations will be required for the CocoLand Kidz Klub.
- When the Government of Saint Lucia approves the reopening of spas and gyms, reservations will be required to allow time for staff to clean and sanitize rooms and equipment after each use.
Our new look for resort shopping
- All transactions at Boutique Moule A Chique and Kilibwi Corner will now be cashless.
- Duty-free shopping at Boutique Moule A Chique will be limited to three guests at a time.
- A one guest at a time limit will be in place in the Kilibwi Corner gift shop.
This is just an overview of our Paradise Protection Protocols and how we are applying all of the various government mandates to our resort for the benefit of your health and safety. Our goal will always be to provide you with a safe and memorable experience. We’ll keep you updated as we approach our reopening and of course if you have a question please don’t hesitate to call reservations at 877-252-0304 /758-456-9999 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org /email@example.com. Please keep in mind mandates and protocols are fluid and as restrictions are lifted and directives change, we will do our best to keep you advised so regardless of when you plan to visit, you can enjoy our Peace of Paradise.
WORRY-FREE BOOKINGS AND CANCELLATIONS
Due to everchanging circumstances, we would like to offer our future guests some peace of mind. We understand the uncertainty you may have about making your reservations at this time. Guided by our purpose of care, we want you to feel confident in your future plans and have updated our change and cancellation policies to provide you with maximum flexibility.
- WORRY-FREE BOOKINGS: Our best rates are guaranteed and easy to reserve right here on our website.
- WORRY-FREE CANCELLATIONS: Guests can cancel their reservation with a Coconut Bay representative (in writing or on the phone) up to 72 hours prior to scheduled arrival date and be provided with a full refund (valid for travel through 12/15/20). Cancellation confirmation must be received in writing as penalties will apply for NO SHOWS.
- WORRY-FREE RESCHEDULING: In the event you need to change your travel dates, don’t WORRY, our team will be happy to assist you without any change penalties as long as details are received at least 72 hours prior to your scheduled arrival date for travel through 12/15/20. For travel 12/16/20- 6/30/2021, guests can cancel 14 days in advance of arrival for a full refund. For travel 7/1/2021 and beyond, standard cancellation penalties will apply. All policies and procedures are subject to change.
While we make every reasonable effort to provide a safe and sanitary environment and facilities for our guests in accordance with accepted medical guidelines and recommendations, there are no assurances of a completely “virus-free” environment. Aside from our efforts, the safety of all guests and staff is also highly dependent on ALL guests doing their part to act responsibly and respectfully and we ask that all guests be considerate and respectful towards others. In our discretion, guests who do not comply with protocols may be asked to leave the resort.
We work very hard to provide a safe guest environment, but are compelled to advise all guests that the resort does not and cannot guarantee that a guest will not contract an illness during their stay with us, and each guest assumes the risk and effects of contracting the Covid-19 virus. Guests are also cautioned that limited medical facilities and services are available where the hotel is located, which could complicate any illness. Upon check-in, each guest will be required to sign a written acknowledgment that they UNDERSTAND AND ASSUME ALL RISKS associated with the Covid-19 virus, and FULLY RELEASE the Hotel and its affiliated parties from any and all liability or claims relating to Covid-19.
This Assumption of Risk and Covenant Not to Sue shall be LEGALLY BINDING. Should any guest or visitor bring a claim, suit or any other action in violation of this provision, the claim, suit or other action shall be DISMISSED WITH PREJUDICE (meaning permanently dismissed) and all costs of dismissal, including but not limited to reasonable attorneys’ fees and court costs, shall be borne by the party who wrongfully brought the claim, suit or other action in violation of this Assumption of Risk and Covenant Not to Sue.
Please appreciate that, without this Assumption of Risk and Covenant Not to Sue, it would be very hard for this resort to operate under the current circumstances, and that you are fully informed in making the best possible travel decisions for you and your loved ones.
A copy of the acknowledgment and release is available in advance upon request and guests will be asked to sign a waiver upon arrival on resort.