COVID-19 UPDATE FROM COCONUT BAY BEACH RESORT & SPA
July 13, 2020
The ever-changing circumstances of this pandemic, including in recent weeks airline schedule shifts, updates to Saint Lucia’s travel requirements, and record increases of positive cases from the United States one of our primary markets, have all negatively impacted our summer business with significant increases in cancellations and decreases in new bookings. While our team is ready and anxious to reopen our doors and all safety protocols are in place, after taking a hard look at our current summer occupancy, it will not be possible to provide all of the services and amenities we promise-and you deserve- with this downward trend. We are therefore forced to postpone the reopening of Coconut Bay Beach Resort and Spa to October 1, 2020. Serenity at Coconut Bay, since it has a smaller operational footprint, will be able to reopen on August 1, 2020 as planned.
We are truly sorry for the disappointment in this delay and our team will be ready to assist you with amending your plans. If you booked with us directly and have a reservation prior to October 1st you will be hearing from a member of our team. If you booked with a third-party please contact them directly. Of course, with our Worry-Free Bookings and Cancellations, you can change your reservations without penalty. Please feel free to speak with a member of reservations staff. Contact our North America reservations by phone from 9 am – 7 pm, Monday – Friday at 877-252-0304 or email email@example.com. To reach resort reservations call 758-456-9999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE: the Government of Saint Lucia has revised its entry requirements as of July 9, 2020. The new travel protocols now include a mandatory negative COVID-19 PCR test result within seven days of travel and completion of a pre-arrival registration form. For more information about Phase One travel protocols in Saint Lucia please visit www.stlucia.org/covid-19.
We will continue to keep you informed as we look ahead to opening on October 1st. On behalf of everyone here at Coconut Bay thank you for your patience and understanding. We can’t wait to once again provide award-winning hospitality and showcase our #PeaceofParadise — social distance included!
President & CEO
Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa
And Serenity at Coconut Bay
COVID-19 INFORMATION, POLICIES AND PROCEDURES AS OF May 18, 2020
PARADISE PROTECTION PROTOCOLS
We look forward to the return of our guests and want you to know that our management and incredible staff have been instituting our Paradise Protection Protocols to ensure the worry-free and relaxing experience you have been dreaming about at Coconut Bay and Serenity. The safety and the welfare of our guests and our tireless staff – our Coconut Bay family – will always be our first priority. It is also the top priority of the Government of Saint Lucia who has announced new Phase One Protocols for visitors including requiring a pre-travel test for COVID-19. Saint Lucia is free of COVID-19 and we understand and support their efforts to maintain a healthy environment for visitors and residents alike.
Your Coconut Bay and Serenity vacation will be as wonderful as ever but it will look a little different as we adhere to Government of Saint Lucia, WHO and CDC operational guidelines during these ever-evolving times. We have evaluated and enhanced our rigorous cleaning procedures putting in place new sanitation and social distancing protocols that will be visible from the moment you arrive at our airport kiosk and will see throughout your stay from Door Seals initialed by your room attendant to a new take-out option should you prefer private dining. There will be electrostatic sprayers, even more hand sanitizing stations, and though hugs and handshakes are not an option for now, our warm Saint Lucian smiles and hospitality will always be yours. These policies, procedures and actions follow the Centers for Disease Control guidelines “Facilities Cleaning and Disinfecting” for COVID-19 and these policies also align with Saint Lucia’s directives. These best practices are performed for the safety of you, our guests, as well as our valued employees. Thank you for your patience, understanding, cooperation and trust.
Saint Lucia’s new Phase One Protocols
- Following Government of Saint Lucia Phase One Opening Protocols, all visitors will need to provide a negative COVID-19 test result taken no sooner than 48 hours prior to arrival in Saint Lucia. More information about all of Saint Lucia’s COVID-19 protocols can be found at stlucia.org/covid-19.
Our new Paradise Protection Protocols
- On arrival at the resort your temperature will be taken.
- There will be mandatory temperature checks each morning.
- Additional random temperature checks will occur at our discretion if any guest appears unwell during the course of their stay.
- Following Government of Saint Lucia Incident Response and Quarantine Protocols if a guest’s temperature is over 100.4° F and exhibits COVID-19 symptoms they will be sent to a respiratory clinic for medical assistance and family members will be isolated in a hotel room.
- Guests will be required to have a mask and must wear it in public areas when social distancing of 6 feet is not possible.
- We ask all guests to regularly use hand sanitizer available at stations throughout the resort.
- As always, we will have a nurse on staff daily and a physician on call to assist with any medical issue or emergency.
- While we are prepared for the unlikely emergency, please keep in mind our 85 acres, and mile-long private beach are ideal for relaxation while social distancing.
Our management and staff
- Our staff will be required to wear masks and gloves and will undergo daily temperature checks upon arrival on resort.
- All employees are screened daily for COVID-19 symptoms and have their body temperature tested daily.
- All employees follow strict guidelines (depending on assignment) regarding facial and hand protection and sanitation.
Our new look for arrival and check-in
- From the moment you arrive at our airport kiosk, you will see advanced protocols beginning with your resort ambassador who will be wearing a mask, gloves, and a welcoming smile under their mask. Please see this link for airport protocols and guidelines as well. (https://www.stlucia.org/en/covid-19/)
- There will be hand sanitizer for your use and your luggage handles will be sprayed with disinfectant before being placed in your vehicle for your five-minute ride to the resort.
- Our Welcome Team: When you arrive at the Front Desk you will notice clear partitions at stations as well as social distancing markers for your reference. Registration and Welcome staff will wear masks and gloves at all times. Staff clean and disinfect counters and other touchpoints between each registering guest party.
- At Check-In you will receive our Weekly Breeze newsletter with all the activity schedules and information you may need during your getaway, this will replace all high-touch, in-room collateral.
- To get you to your room – and the beach – even faster, we encourage you to take advantage of our Early Online Check-In at least 24-hours prior to your arrival, reducing your wait time as you will only need to provide your credit card, identification and your signature.
Our new look for transportation and transfers
- You will not only see new protocols on resort but our vendor partners including airport drivers, taxis and tour providers will certify that all vehicles are sanitized after each trip, and their employees will be required to wear personal protection equipment and have their temperature readings taken daily.
Our new look for housekeeping
- We have added new technology to our exacting cleaning procedures and you will see advanced sanitization protocols including electrostatic sprayers and sprayers deploying hospital-grade disinfectant that will be executed in rooms in addition to other departments from entertainment to watersports, and of course in public and high-touch areas.
- To reduce high-touch items in your room we have removed pens, pads, magazines as well as tea and coffee packs while all others from closet knobs and light switches to remote controls, thermostats and irons will be thoroughly disinfected.
- To reduce staff/guest interaction, bed linens will only be changed if requested for guests staying 3 days or longer and towels will be changed by guest request only.
- Prior to your check-in, once your room is cleaned and sanitized per new protocols, a Door Seal will be initialed by your attendant and placed above the lock so that you can be assured your room has not been accessed after it is sanitized.
- Guests have the option of no housekeeping or on-request housekeeping during your stay. Please inform Front Desk by touching 0 (zero) on your in-room telephone.
- All housekeeping staff wear masks and gloves, and replace gloves with each room cleaning.
- We are limiting elevator capacity to two guests at a time or one family staying in the same room. Hand sanitizer will also be available to use at elevator entrance on every floor.
Our new look at bars and restaurants
- Social distancing protocols will be implemented throughout the resort along with our bars and restaurants.
- We are reducing seating capacity in all restaurants and to ensure proximity limits only guests sharing a room will be able to share a table while dining.
- As self-service stations and buffets are now “off the menu,” Coconut Walk will be open for breakfast only providing à la carte service.
- On Theme Nights food stations will be staffed for individual plating.
- For guests who prefer to dine in their rooms we are launching a NEW take-out option in some of our dining venues.
- All Food and Beverage staff, both in preparation and in service, adhere to strict precautions in facial and hand protection and sanitation.
Our new look for entertainment and activities
- We are currently evaluating all of our activities and entertainment to ensure those we offer are able to meet social distance, cleanliness and interaction protocols.
- All equipment will be sanitized before and after each use.
- Pool and beach loungers will be 6 feet apart at all times.
- Social distancing will be implemented to facilitate classes including yoga and pool aerobics.
- To ensure we meet all guidelines, reservations will be required for the CocoLand Kidz Klub.
- When the Government of Saint Lucia approves the reopening of spas and gyms, reservations will be required to allow time for staff to clean and sanitize rooms and equipment after each use.
Our new look for resort shopping
- All transactions at Boutique Moule A Chique and Kilibwi Corner will now be cashless.
- Duty-free shopping at Boutique Moule A Chique will be limited to three guests at a time.
- A one guest at a time limit will be in place in the Kilibwi Corner gift shop.
This is just an overview of our Paradise Protection Protocols and how we are applying all of the various government mandates to our resort for the benefit of your health and safety. Our goal will always be to provide you with a safe and memorable experience. We’ll keep you updated as we approach our reopening and of course if you have a question please don’t hesitate to call reservations at 877-252-0304 /758-456-9999 or email us at email@example.com /firstname.lastname@example.org. Please keep in mind mandates and protocols are fluid and as restrictions are lifted and directives change, we will do our best to keep you advised so regardless of when you plan to visit, you can enjoy our Peace of Paradise.
WORRY-FREE BOOKINGS AND CANCELLATIONS
Due to everchanging circumstances, we would like to offer some peace of mind. We understand the uncertainty you may have about making your reservations at this time. Guided by our purpose of care we want you to feel confident in your future plans and have updated our change and cancellation policies to provide you with maximum flexibility.
- If you have an existing reservation made directly with us for a stay arriving through September 30, 2020, you can change your dates or cancel at no charge for a full refund up to 24-hours before your scheduled arrival. Reservations must be canceled with one of our reservations agents as standard penalties will apply for No Shows.
- Any new reservation you make directly with us between NOW and September 30, 2020 for a future stay can be changed or canceled at no charge.
- If you have an existing reservation booked via a travel agent, online travel agency, airline or other third party, you will need to contact them directly both for information about their policies and for assistance in canceling or changing your booking. We have made them aware of our new change/cancellation policy.
April 24, 2020
TEMPORARY CLOSURE EXTENDED
Due to the announced extension of the State of Emergency in Saint Lucia through May 31, 2020 (https://www.facebook.com/allenmchastanet/) we are delaying our reopen to June 4, 2020. We will always put the welfare of our staff, guests and community first abiding by government advisories and we ask that you continue to monitor travel restrictions; global airline policies and schedule changes; along with WHO guidelines in the wake of the pandemic.
Like you, we wish we could begin anew and we eagerly await your return. To that end, know that our management and staff here at Coconut Bay and Serenity as well as destination Saint Lucia are working hard on the logistics for the safest and best practices to deliver the vacation you need and deserve.
WORRY FREE BOOKINGS AND CANCELLATIONS
Like you, we are closely following the developments concerning coronavirus (COVID-19) and the impact on you, our staff and our local community. Due to everchanging circumstances, we would like to help by offering some peace of mind. We understand the uncertainty you may have about making your reservations at this time. Guided by our purpose of care we want you to feel confident in your future plans and have updated our change and cancellation policies to provide you with maximum flexibility.
- If you have an existing reservation made directly with us for a stay arriving through August 31, 2020, you can change your dates or cancel at no charge for a full refund up to 24-hours before your scheduled arrival. Reservations must be cancelled with one of our reservations agents as standard penalties will apply for No Shows.
- Any new reservation you make directly with us between NOW and August 31, 2020 for a future stay can be changed or cancelled at no charge.
- If you have an existing reservation booked via a travel agent, online travel agency, airline or other third party, you will need to contact them directly both for information about their policies and for assistance in cancelling or changing your booking. We have made them aware of our new change/cancellation policy.
EXTENDED HOURS FOR RESERVATIONS
In order to assist you in a timely and convenient manner we are extending our reservations office hours from 9 am – 7 pm Mondays through Fridays. These extended hours will be available for a limited time and are subject to change. Due to high call volume, we ask that you please be patient with both our reservations staff and our travel partners as we work quickly to assist you.
March 23, 2020
ANNOUNCEMENT OF TEMPORARY RESORT CLOSURE
It is with great regret we are advising you today that we have made the difficult decision to close Coconut Bay Beach Resort and Spa and Serenity at Coconut Bay from April 1 through May 15, 2020, with a reopening planned for May 16, 2020. This was not planned but the ever-changing circumstances of COVID-19 make it imperative that we put the health and safety of our guests, our staff and our community at the forefront. The acceleration of the pandemic and the resulting travel restrictions around the world have made it clear that it is time to pause and regroup as we all adhere to government advisories to hopefully eliminate this virus.
The Government of Saint Lucia has announced the closure of its airports to all incoming commercial and private flights effective 11:59 pm on March 23, 2020; All airports and sea ports will remain closed to passenger traffic until further notice. For the latest advisory from Saint Lucia, please Click Here.
If you booked with us directly, you will be hearing from a member of our team this week to assist with rescheduling your travel arrangements. If you booked via a travel agent or other third party, we ask that you please contact them directly to reschedule. On March 16, 2020 we updated our policies to ensure you can change or cancel your upcoming reservations without worry and we extended our reservations hours so that you can reach our staff at your convenience. Guests from North America, please email email@example.com or call 877-252-0304. From The UK and Europe email firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 44 1582 792260. From Saint Lucia and the Caribbean, please email email@example.com or call 758-456-9999.
While we are closing for the short term, we will be back. We are grateful for all of the support we have received and the kind messages to our staff members. We will be here waiting to welcome you, our extended Coconut Bay family, back to your Saint Lucian home in paradise. Until then, please take care of yourself and your families and stay healthy.
We will get through this together!
March 16, 2020
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOUR HEALTH AND SAFETY
On behalf of Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa and Serenity at Coconut Bay I want you to know that the safety and well-being of our guests and staff has always been, and remains, our highest priority. We take your concerns to heart and like you we are actively monitoring coronavirus (COVID-19) developments. Know that we are dedicated to providing a revitalizing getaway for you whether you’re staying with us soon or planning your future travel.
Accordingly, we have enhanced our procedures, increasing the frequency of sanitizing all areas throughout the resort. Public areas are all being cleaned and sanitized constantly in particular high traffic contact points. Additional hand sanitizing stations have been added throughout the resorts at key points – both in the front of house for guests and back of house for staff use and all departments are providing staff with daily guidance for handwashing and sanitization. In guest rooms all touchable surfaces including remote controls are being sanitized and wiped down on a daily basis as part of our housekeeping regime. And all of our tour busses, cars and vans are also being sprayed and wiped down with sanitizer multiple times per day.
Of course, should our guests need medical attention for any reason there is a nurse on property every day from 9am to 11pm and a doctor on call 24-hours per day.
SAINT LUCIA COVID-19 RESPONSE
The Saint Lucia Department of Health and Wellness has advised restrictions are in place for travelers with a travel history within the last 14 days from Mainland China, Hong Kong, the Republic of Korea, Italy, Singapore, Spain, UK, Germany, and Mainland France and by Extension Guadeloupe, Martinique, Saint Barthélemy, Saint Martin and French Guiana, whether in transit or originating. All yachting and pleasure craft calls into Saint Lucia are suspended until further notice. Here are additional links to provide you with the most up-to-date Covid-19 travel restrictions and information for Saint Lucia:
- March 18, 2020 updated travel restriction from the Saint Lucia Department of Wellness
- Saint Lucia Tourism Authority
- Saint Lucia Hospitality at Tourism Association
As always, we only wish the very best for our guests and our staff – our extended family. Please look after yourselves, your friends and neighbors and most of all stay healthy. Be sure to monitor the policies and guidance from the World Health Organization and your respective government entities for travel advisories.
We will continue to be vigilant and proactive in all areas in order to make sure your future stay with us is amazing. We will keep you updated with any developments and look forward to welcoming you to our perfect piece of paradise soon.
President and CEO
Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa and Serenity at Coconut Bay