Top Tips for Traveling With Kids
Your bags are packed and you’re all ready for a much needed Caribbean getaway with the family. You’re looking forward to fun in the sun but you’re also a bit worried about taking the kids along. Traveling with children can be a challenging journey that can make the relaxation part of the vacation even more necessary. At Coconut Bay, we understand this so we asked our Facebook fans what their best tips for traveling with kids were and, while some mentioned they’d like to leave the kids with the grandparents and enjoy a relaxing retreat on their own, vacationing with the whole family can actually be a quite memorable experience for you and the little ones.
Here, we share ten tips for traveling with children that might help you and your kiddos on your next adventure!
10 Tips for Traveling with Kids
- Keep the activities coming! Puzzles, coloring books, stickers, books, video games, snacks, travel pillows, and good music are all recommended for long (or short) flights. Bonus: Give them a new book or toy on the plane so they don’t get bored as easily.
- Be sure to factor in extra time. Doing anything with younger tots especially always takes more time than you think and traveling is no exception. Leave early. You’ll be glad you did!
- Give them each a roll of quarters on the way and if anyone misbehaves they lose a quarter. If not, they can spend it on the vacation!
- Empathy. Understand they are traveling, too.
- One idea for airplane travel is to scatter them around the plane. They will be on their best behavior if they have to sit with strangers!
- Look into supervised child care like Coconut Bay’s Kidz Klub, which offers tons of fun and educational activities like water games, a petting zoo, arts and crafts, nature walks, and more. They will have fun and you can have some (necessary) adult time, too.
- Take them off the beaten path so they can actually learn about the location in which you are taking them. Help them understand where they are and to appreciate the differences. It’s an education as well as quality time having fun.
- Stay at a beach and pool resort like Coconut Bay that is a five minute trip from the airport!
- Don’t stress the little things and just have fun! Play in the pool, a lot.
For more information on traveling with children or to book your family-friendly vacation, contact Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa.
- You looked forward to your vacation all year, a...
- Spring is only a few weeks away, which means su...
- Day-to-day life at home can be so hectic that y...
- To kick off spring, the season of fresh beginni...
- Couples travel to St. Lucia from around the wor...