Originally published Dec. 2014, updated Jan. 2017
When you book a stay at Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa in exotic St. Lucia, you’ll find so many exciting things to do right on site that you may find yourself a bit reluctant to leave our beautiful grounds – even for a short while. From swimming to kitesurfing – and a plethora of other engaging pastimes – Coconut Bay will set the bar high for all the other activities you’ll experience outside our gates. But, once you manage to tear yourself away and venture beyond the resort, you’ll find a number of amazing places quite close by where you can spend a few enjoyable hours and get to know the enchanting island of St. Lucia.
Top 10 St. Lucia Hot Spots
1. The Piton Mountains: The twin Piton peaks offer visitors unforgettably spectacular views. If you’re at all adventurous, you’ll thoroughly enjoy climbing one of these peaks. The best view of St. Lucia’s biggest treasure though is from the ocean. The locals will tell you that you haven’t truly seen the Pitons until you have seen them from the water. A great way to do this is by taking your loved ones to our popular Piton Sail & Snorkel adventure. During this excursion you will enjoy an early morning sail from Laborie to Soufriere along the west coast of St. Lucia on a comfortable 43-foot catamaran, Majesty. The tour will take you to an amazing spot between the Pitons where you will be able to snorkel and enjoy the view while light refreshments are served.
2. Botanical Gardens and Diamond Falls: This west coast gem is located near Soufriere at the foot of the majestic Pitons. In addition to its lush gardens and refreshing waterfall, this site features restorative mineral baths, underground hot springs and a variety of fascinating historic relics. The perfect tour to visit this breathtaking spot is the Half Day Green Giant Jeep Safari, which you can book at Coconut Bay’s Adventure Desk in the lobby.
3. Sulphur Springs (La Soufriere Drive-In Volcano): This popular local attraction features mineral-rich mud baths and hot springs and offers dramatic views of the now-dormant volcano (and the world’s ONLY drive through volcano). A great photo opp! Adventure out into this wonderful St. Lucian gem with the Soufriere Experience – Half Day Tour. During this private tour of up to 4-guests, you get the opportunity to dictate the duration of each stop, including a scenic drive along the town of Soufriere.
4. Des Cartier Rainforest: An invigorating hike in the lush, green rainforest will awaken your senses to the incredible beauty of the natural world, treating you to the amazing diversity of plant and animal life that flourishes in this charming island oasis. To truly experience this once-in-a-lifetime hike, we recommend the Des Cartier Rainforest Nature Walk tour which will take you up the east coast and through the farming community of Desruisseaux into the Des Cartier Rainforest Reserve. During this tour you will get to trek through the ultimate nature trails, and discover many of St. Lucia’s endemic wildlife like the rare Saint Lucia Parrot.
5. Tet Paul Scenic Trail: There’s hardly a lovelier setting in which to hike and drink in nature’s beauty than along the Tet Paul Scenic Trail, which is located near the southwestern town of Soufriere.
6. Pigeon Island National Park: One of the most important historical monuments of St. Lucia, the Pigeon Island National Landmark is a cultural treasure complete with military ruins, beautiful beaches and a breathtaking lookout point. With its rich history, the landmark has been deemed a “living museum” by the St. Lucia National Trust.
7. Latille Waterfall and Gardens: Swim in the waterfall, tour the gardens and experience the magic of nature as the sights and sounds of the rainforest surround you.
8. Rodney Bay Village: A glorious beach and marina in northwest St. Lucia combined with a multitude of restaurants and other attractions make this spot a memorable one.
9. Millet Bird Sanctuary: A quick 15-minute drive east of Marigot Bay, this sanctuary is the place to catch a glimpse of the Caribbean’s exotic birds, including the St. Lucian parrot (Jacquot). Be sure you’re prepared for a several-hours-long hike.
10. Edmund Forest Reserve: A strenuous hike that’s not for the faint-of-heart, this lovely natural treasure will reward you with rich beauty and possible Jacquot sightings.
Coconut Bay: Beyond the Ordinary
Fill your visit to Coconut Bay with adventure! We offer a multitude of adventurous tours and excursions beyond the resort that will take you into a world of wonder by visiting all of these St. Lucian treasures. Later when you return, we know you’ll appreciate the difference our extraordinary service and royal treatment.
- Originally published May. 2014, updated May. 20...
- Originally published Jan. 2015, updated May. 20...
- What better way to learn how to have the best w...
- Organically Grown Produce Craftsmen are buildin...
- The spirit of the island runs through Coconut B...